Signature Bolognese Sauce
A hearty meat sauce!
- medium sauce pot
- large stock post
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 each Medium Yellow Bell Pepper Diced 1/4 inch
- 1/2 each Green Bell Pepper Diced, 1/4 inch
- 1 lbs Ground Chuck
- 1/4 lbs Ground Veal
- 1/4 lbs Ground Pork
- 28 oz San Marzano Whole Peeled Tomatoes Pureed
- 13.8 oz Chopped Tomatoes I prefer Pomi
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Basil dried
- 1/2 tsp Oregano dried
- 1/4 cup Italian Parsley Fresh, chopped
- AN Kosher salt add to taste
- AN Ground Black Pepper add to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan over med-high heat. When oil is hot add onion and bell pepper and reduce heat. Sweat onions until translucent and peppers are softened.
- Add ground beef, veal and pork, sauté until browned. Drain beef, onion and pepper mixture.
- Place beef mixture in medium sauce pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Puree San Marzano tomatoes. Add tomato puree to the beef mixture and bring to a simmer over med-low heat. Add the Pomi chopped tomatoes to the beef mixture.
- Add the garlic, basil and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Bring sauce to a boil, stirring constantly. Once boiling, reduce heat to a low simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let simmer 2-4 hours.
- Add fresh parsley t the sauce 30 minutes before serving.
- When ready, serve with your favorite pasta!