Summer Potato Salad
This recipe is a cold potato salad that is lightly dressed. It's got flavor, cruch and the best part is resistant starches from the potatoes.
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes skin on
- 3 strips pasture raised bacon cooked, chopped
- 2 ribs celery small diced
- 1/2 each red onion small diced
- 3 TBL avocado Oil adjust to taste
- 2 TBL red wine vinegar adjust to taste
- 2 TBL Grainy Mustard adjust to taste
- 2 TBL fresh dill chopped
- 2 TBL fresh parsley chopped
- 2 TBL fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tsp Kosher salt + more for boiling potato adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper adjust to taste
- Fill a large sauce pot with cold water and add enough salt for the water to be salty. Place whole baby red potatoes in the pot on the stove-top and bring to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender without over cooking. Remove potatoes from water and let cool. Once cool, dice the potatoes into bite size pieces.
To cook bacon
- Place bacon strips on a baking sheet and place in a 350 degree oven until desired crispiness is reached (10-20 minutes). Drain on a paper towel, then chop in to small pieces.
To make the potato salad
- Place the cold potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Season to taste with salt & pepper and serve cold.