Fig & Mozzarella Arancini
Fried Risotto Ball
- medium sauce pot
- Medium Stock Pot
- Baking Sheets
- Cookie Scoop
- 1 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 each Sweet Yellow Onion Minced
- 4 oz White Wine Pinot Grigio
- 32 oz Chicken Stock Heated
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- 4 oz Mozzarella Shredded
- 4 tbsp Fig Jam or Preserves
- AN Kosher salt to taste
To Fill Arancini
- 4 oz Mozzarella 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 each Fresh Figs 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 each Eggs, organic pasture raised Beaten
- 2 cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- AN Vegetable Oil For frying
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil for garnish
- AN Balsamic Vinegar for garnish
- In a small sauce pot, heat chicken stock to a simmer.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan over med-high heat. When oil is hot add onion. Sweat onions until translucent and softened.
- Add risotto, sauté until browned untillightly toasted.
- Deglaze pan by adding wine, then stir until wine is absorbed.
- Add one cup of warm stock to rice andcontinue to stir until liquid is absorbed. Repeat the process one cup of stockat a time until rice is al dente and creamy.
- Stir in shredded mozzarella and fig preserves. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and spread out finished risotto onto pan in a thin layer and place in refrigerator to cool for 1-2 hours.
- Dice whole mozzarella into small cubes, and cut figs into cubes the same size.
- Remove the risotto from the refrigerator, using ascoop take about a tablespoon of risotto and flatten it in the palm of yourhand.
- Place a mozzarella cube and fig cube in the center androll the sides inward to create a ball. Place balls back in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes before breading.
- Set up a standard breading station with seasoned flour, whisked eggs and Italian breadcrumbs. Begin by rolling a ball into the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs until lightly coated.
- Once balls are breaded, heat frying oil. Once the oil is hot, place 5-6 balls at atime into oil. Stir occasionally foreven browning. Remove from oil and drainon a paper towel.
- Serve with Fresh Fig slices, basil leaves andbalsamic.