- 1 cast iron sauté pan
- 8 ea veal scallopini thinly sliced veal filets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- 2 TBL butter
- 1 TBL extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Take each veal scallopini and place 1 slice of prosciutto on each. Take 1-2 sage leaves and using a toothpick secure prosciutto and sage to veal.
- Add salt and pepper to flour. Dredge each piece of veal lightly in flour mixture and set aside.
- Heat cast iron pan with 1 TBL of butter and olive oil. Over medium heat place veal, prosciutto side down until crispy. About 1 minute, turn veal over to cook the other side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, scaping up the browned bits. Cook until it thickens into a sauce. Add the remaining 2 TBL of butter to sauce, stirring until creamy.
- Remove toothpicks from veal and serve immediately with sauce.