- 1 oven pre-heat to 350 degrees
- 2 Baking Sheets
- 2 wire racks
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 1/2 cup Almonds
- 4 ea eggs
- 1 ea egg for brushing
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 TBL Butter melted and cooled
- 3 1/2 cups pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 TBL Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Toast the almonds in the pre-heated oven until golden, about 8 -10 minutes. Let cool and set aside
- Beat the 4 eggs with the sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly add melted butter and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking powder. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Once combined, stir in almonds. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Take refrigerated dough and divide in two. Form 2 logs that are the length of the baking sheet (a jelly roll pan works, too). Whisk the remaining egg and brush the tops and sides of logs. Do not leave any egg dripping.
- Bake the logs of dough in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks.
- Once the logs are cooled move them to a cutting board and slice them at an angle about 1/2 inch thick. Place the cookies on theirs sides on baking sheets and place back into the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes turning over once about half way through the second baking process.