Blackberry Balsamic Zabaglione
A rich custard dessert!
- double boiler
- metal mixing bowl
- 5 each Egg yolks, organic pasture raised Whisked
- 2 oz White Sugar
- 3 oz Blackberry Brandy
- 1 each Fresh Blackberries 1/2 muddled, 1/2 whole
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil Chiffonade
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar reduce to glaze if you prefer
- Separate eggs, keeping the yolks in a small metal mixing bowl.
- Using a sauce pot (that the bowl will sit over), warm water to a simmer.
- Muddle half of the package ofblackberries, set aside.
- Whisk sugar into eggs.
- Place the mixing bowl with eggs mixtureover the simmering water, do not submerge bowl into water, it should just sitabove the water line.
- Continue to whisk until a thick custard forms.
- Stir in the blackberry brandy and whiskuntil mixture thickens again.
- Remove from heat and fold in the muddled blackberries.
- Serve in a custard glass, chiffonade the basil and sprinkle on top, drizzle with balsamic.