pasta dough recipe
- 10 oz "00" flour
- 10 oz Durum Semolina
- 3 ea eggs
- On a clean cutting board, form a well with the flour. Put the eggs into the center. With a fork, whisk the eggs drawing in the flour until well combined. Turn out of bowl and form a ball. Note, if the dough is dry and crumbly add a little water until pliable. If it is too wet, add 1 TBL of "00" flour at a time until you can manage it without stickiness.
- Set aside dough and clean your cutting board. Dust with flour and turn out dough onto surface. Knead the dough until smooth, about 10 minutes. Cover the dough lightly and let rest 30 minutes.
To Make Pasta
- You can either hand roll and hand cut your pasta. Or if using a pasta machine, take a piece of pasta about 1/2 cup size. Pass the dough through the smooth side of the pasta machine on the widest setting, repeat. Gradually move the setting to the next lower width and repeat the process. Do this until you have the thickness you like. The dough should be dry and matte before switching to the notched side of the machine to cut your pasta.
- Flour the noodles to set aside before use to prevent sticking.
To cook Pasta
- Bring a large sauce pot to boil. Add enough salt that it tastes like the sea. Once boiling add fresh pasta. (Fresh pasta cooks quickly, 3-4 minutes) When pasta begins to float its ready. It should be al dente, meaning to have a bit or chew to it. If adding to sauce, cook one minute less.